Dear Parents, Carers and Students
Exams January 2022
There are a considerable number of exams scheduled to take place in January, please see the full schedule below, these are for Sport, Health and Social Care, Business, Applied Law and Applied Science.
As always we continue to keep a careful eye on the information and guidance being released from the Government.
All exams will proceed as planned until we have any strong indication to the contrary, which would mean this would need to be reconsidered, at which point a letter will be sent out.
S6C is confident we are able to provide a safe setting for our students, we have been here before and have experience of what needs to be put in place. We are extremely conscious and proud of the hard work that has been done by the students in preparation for these examinations.
- Students should arrive on site 15 minutes before the exam start time.
- Masks will be worn when entering and moving around the building.
- Hands must be sanitised when entering the building.
- Entrance to the hall will be wearing masks and seats in the exam hall allocated.
- All desks will be sanitised prior to students entering.
- Laptops will be sanitised.
- Own equipment must be brought to the exam.
- Papers will be put on desks using gloves prior to entry.
- Invigilators will be wearing masks.
- Students may keep masks on or wear visors during the exam if they wish.
- Papers will be collected using gloves by invigilators wearing masks
- Students will be asked to leave in a spaced manner
Students in Y12 and Y13 have been working with real focus and determination including the sitting of mock examinations in preparation for the January examination series. This not only provided practice and experience of the examination process, but if the January series was to be disrupted, they could be used, along with other evidence, as part of any alternative approach to grading students. It has been a challenging 20 months for our students, but please be reassured that there are sound contingency plans in place, created by the college and the examination boards to ensure all students are not disadvantaged.
This focussed approach will continue right throughout the January Exam Period, attached is a schedule for Exam Blast revision sessions which has been developed to support students in achieving their very best.
A further reminder letter including exam guidelines, what to bring etc. will be sent out in the week commencing 3 January 2022.
We look forward to seeing our students back in January refreshed, rested and ready.
Have a good break.
Duration does not include extra time for those students which are awarded this as an access arrangement.