Firstly, a big well done to all the students who recently took their GCSE resits. Results will be sent to students on 11 January 2024.
Yesterday we opened our doors to another group of prospective students and their parents and I am delighted with the number of young people who chose to come and meet our staff and students. I hope that we were able to offer something of interest to everyone and if you would like to see more or if you have any more questions, we are happy to provide tours and arrange meetings with teachers to help you make the very important decision of where to study next.
Year 13 mocks start on 27 November and this revision support document is a really useful tool for students. Please note the change of start time for Business Units 6 and 7 [timetable]. Paper copies of the timetable can be collected from reception from Monday 20 November.
On Tuesday evening Rebecca Anderson hosted a presentation for parents to provide information on UCAS and apprenticeships. Please click on the link to see the presentation slides: UCAS and Apprenticeships presentation
This week, our Art and Photography students visited Lacock Abbey and were inspired to take some really beautiful images.
Steve Barrington, Teacher of Physics, and students have been experimenting with alcohol (inks), soldering irons and plastic paper and have produced some equally beautiful images.
And finally, our sports teams continue to perform brilliantly, with S6C Rugby Academy playing Bishops’ First Team on Wednesday. Although our boys lost the match, they put in the most incredible effort. Bishops’ regularly compete against the best colleges in the country and our boys held their own for the entire match. Next week we play Brockenhurst!
Reminder to all parents:
1. Parents must email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01722 597970 as soon as possible on every day of their child’s absence.
2. On Tuesdays at 10.45am every student has either tutor time or an assembly in their timetables. We would like parents to be aware that these sessions are not optional for students to attend and are part of the college curriculum.
3. If your details have changed recently, please let us know so we can update our records.
Dates for your diary
- Monday 20 November
Harry Potter Studios trip
- Wednesday 22 November
– S6C Football Academy v. Cheltenham (away)
– S6C Netball Academy v. Andover College (away)
- Monday 27 November
Year 13 DC7 Mocks Assessment Week TIMETABLE – PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN START TIME FOR BUSINESS UNITS 6 AND 7
- Tuesday 28 November
British Library trip
- Wednesday 29 November
S6C Football Academy v. Swindon (away)
- Thursday 30 November
Year 12 Parents Evening
- Wednesday 06 December
– S6C Football Academy v. Bristol Rovers (home @ Ringwood Football Club)
– S6C Netball Academy v. South Wilts Grammar School (away)
- Thursday 07 December
– Sexual Health and Healthy Relationships Development Day
– Interview Evening
- Friday 08 December
Christmas Jumper Day
- Thursday 14 December
Year 13 University Mock Interviews
- Friday 15 December