Eligible students at S6C are also supported financially through the 16-19 bursary.
There are two types of bursary:
Students eligible in this category are;
- Young people in care, including unaccompanied asylum seeking children
- Care Leavers
- Young people in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit
- Young people in receipt of both Disability Living Allowance (or the new Personal Independence Payments) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA, or Universal Credit as a replacement for ESA) in their own right.
College Discretionary Bursary
The College can also award a bursary to cover costs associated with books, equipment, transport, meals, trips and visits where a student is identified as needing additional financial support. This is awarded at the discretion of the College. Students eligible in this category are;
- Applicants aged under 19 on 31 August 2020
- Students from households where income is below £25,000
Each application for a discretionary bursary is individually assessed and there may be some flexibility based on an individual student’s circumstances. The bursary will usually be awarded as ‘benefit in kind’ e.g. the College will purchase the equipment/books or provide a voucher for a meal.
To enquire about the 16-19 bursary please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, a paper copy of our 16-19 bursary application can be collected from reception.